- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 1/2 cup wine
- 2 cups stock (vegetable or chicken or...)
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in large sauce pan. Add onions and saute until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.4. Add barley toss to coat with the butter.
3. Add wine and stir until evaporated. Add 1/2 cup of stock at a time and stir until evaporated, adding the spinach with the last 1/2 cup of stock.
4. Add feta, salt and pepper and stir.