Brown Sugar Icebox Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup all-pupose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 salt
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, and set aside. Beat margarine at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add vanilla and egg white, and beat well. Add flour mixture, and stir until well-blended. Turn dough out onto wax paper; shape into a 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper; freeze 3 hours or up to one month.
2. To serve, preheat oven to 350°.
3. Cut log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire racks.For more Freezer Friday Recipes, click here.